Fairtrade Fortnight is a national campaign held in early spring each year by the Fairtrade Foundation and offers an opportunity for fairtrade events, publicity, meetings and exhibitions throughout the country. The Reading Fairtrade Steering Group organises activities in Reading each year to support the Fairtrade fortnight campaign.
Each year the campaign is themed to focus on important issues. The theme for 2015 was to take the “Stock it Challenge” which aimed to allow consumers to send a clear message to businesses: we, your customers, want you to stock more products that change lives – because we know the difference Fairtrade makes.
The theme highlighted this year is: A different world is possible and necessary
- where people live in peace free from wars and violence
- where no one is illegal and refugees are welcome
- free from environmental destruction
- where resources are shared and people are free to feed themselves
- where all human rights are respected.
The Festival includes Black History Month and One World Week events.
If you want to be part of next year's International festival please contact Zainab for information on how to apply and criteria: